Sunday, November 11, 2012

"Now, After"- A Short Film

I want to share a YouTube video of a short film created by a veteran that shows what PTSD is like from the veteran's point of view.

WARNING:  THIS VIDEO IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC!  No bad language, but contains brief images of gore to represent the memories that flash across the mind of a combat veteran as he goes about his day.  Some may say the graphic images are unnecessary, but honestly, to truly "see" what it's like, these flashbacks or memories that haunt our troops, there is no other way but to show EXACTLY what they see.  There are brief flashes, but can be disturbing.  It can also be a trigger to veterans already suffering with PTSD, so watch with caution.  Just keep that in mind.  My husband watched it and said it was the best representation he had ever seen.  As a wife, it's exactly as I pictured it would be.


2 comments:

  1. Jessica, thanks for posting. This is how I have imagined it. I cant let Chris see it. I hope one day though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just Wow. I NEVER watch youtube videos that are that long but I am so glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete